Mark Griffith founded his law firm in 1993. He has always devoted his practice exclusively to the defense of Texas citizens who have been charged with a crime. Mark Griffith is a trial attorney and has successfully tried cases to “Not Guilty” verdicts from Murder to Driving While Intoxicated.
Mark Griffith was born and raised in Ennis, Texas. He attended Ennis High School and was the President of his graduating class. He attended St. Edwards University in Austin, Texas where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Latin American Studies. He graduated Valedictorian of his college class with a 4.0 GPA.
Mark Griffith attended the prestigious Baylor University School of Law in Waco, Texas, which is known for producing top tier trial attorneys.
Mark has three times attended the Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming presided over by the legendary attorney, Gerry Spence, who has never lost a criminal case. Further, Mark Griffith has attended an additional 6 Regional Seminars of the Trial Lawyers College. This is the training used by most of the top trial attorneys in America.
- Founding President of the Ellis County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Served twice as the President of the Ellis County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Awarded the “Horns of the Bull Award” by the Ellis County Bar Association in recognition of his “stubborn tenacity” in 2004 and, as of this date, is the only recipient of this award.
- Named one of two “Go-To” criminal defense attorneys in Ellis County in the April 19, 2004 issue of the Texas Lawyer periodical.
- Currently one of only two attorneys in Ellis County qualified to handle death penalty cases as lead counsel.
- Speaker at Continuing Legal Education Seminar on topic of “Taking the Mystery and Magic out of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests”
- Speaker at Continuing Legal Education Seminar on topic of “Preparing Yourself, Your Client, and Your Case”
- Oldest participant in Golden Gloves Boxing Tournament, 32 years old. Set a record for obtaining the fastest knockout in Golden Gloves history....4 seconds.
- Successfully completed training program with retired Navy SEALS.
- Listed in VIP section of Biltmore's Who's Who, a worldwide publication picking those in the top of their field. VIP section is for the cream of the crop.
- Named Professional of the Year by Biltmore's Who's Who in the Attorney Category. National publication of professionals.
- Ellis County Bar President - 2012 to Present
- Articles Published: “Preparing Yourself, Your Client, And Your Case” Published in the state-wide publication for criminal Defense Attorneys. [The Voice for the Defense] November 2012 publication.
- Speaker at TCDLA Seminar; Cross examining the Pediatric Expert and Medical Examiner in Child Injury and Death Cases.
- TCDLA Speaker regarding the Cross-Examination of forensic pediatrician in child injury cases. September 2015
- Advanced Skills Training - Discovering the Story; Round Top Festival Institute, Round Top, TX 10/07/2015 to 10/10/2015
- Speaker at TDCLA Seminar on Cross examination of Child Witnesses
- Organizer of Texas Seminar on Junk Science. Spoke on the lack of science to base a diagnosis of Shaken Baby Syndrome and how to win these case. January 5-6, 2017, Austin, Texas
- 2018 President of the Ellis County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Voted Best Attorney in Ellis County - 2019
Mark Griffith is a fighter. Criminal Defense Attorney is his title but it is also his passion!